Friday, May 18, 2012

Homemade Friday: That damn striped sweater is finally finished

Sort of.

I mean, the outside may look like this:


But the inside looks like this:


No matter.  I am diligently working hard to finish because I don’t want this one sitting around all summer 98 percent finished so that on the first cool day of fall I have to rush to weave in the ridiculous amount of ends and sew up the underarms so Sebastian can wear it.



Cause this sweater is so worth the time and effort. 

It’s awesome, guys.  It’s just what I wanted.  It’s light so he can wear it without overheating as he tends to do in big bulky sweaters.  Plus it's just a little big so hopefully, provided he doesn't grow much this summer, he can wear it for most of the fall and winter.  And the stripes are so neat looking.  Almost, dare I say it … stylish?



This sweater has been a long time coming.  I started in January, but got sidetracked by socks and baby sweaters and other baby sweaters (I’ve got a couple to show you next week!  They’re on their way to Germany right now.)



But it’s finished. 

I mean, I did have to bribe Sebastian with television to get him to put the sweater on, but I’m just blaming that on the fact that it’s about 85 degrees outside.  Not exactly sweater weather.

But I kind of can’t wait for it to be sweater weather now.

(But if I ever start to knit a striped sweater again, please remind me of the days and days the finishing part of the knitting process took.  Also maybe knock me in the head a little, just to be sure I really get it.)

Sweater pattern: My own
Yarn: Knitpicks Simply Cotton Sport in Grey Heather and Prussian Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!