1. I haven’t really felt like myself lately. Lots of dramatic conversations in my head with myself and not nearly enough funny.
2. Wait. If it was in my head then naturally it was with myself. Yet I still felt the need to clarify. And also to clarify my clarification.
3. Maybe I should start over.
4. I’ve felt weird.
5. The end.
6. Okay, not really.
7. Last week kicked my ass, what with all the sickness and whining.
8. And that was just from me. The kids were on a whole new level of sick suffering.
9. But thankfully everyone seems to be feeling better.
10. I was actually able to get Sebastian outside to play.
11. The summer has been weird because he’s usually such an outside boy, but it’s been a struggle to get him to do anything but lay around and complain about not being allowed to watch tv.
12. Honestly I was a little worried. He had spent so much time in the past playing outside, and was perfectly content to dig in the dirt by himself.
13. But all the sudden he’s attached to my hip and won’t let me out of his sight unless there’s a tv show on, and still he wants me to sit and watch it with him.
14. I was about to lose my mind.
15. But today seemed to be better so I’m hoping maybe we’ve turned a corner.
16. FINGERS CROSSED BECAUSE I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SOME TIME TO MYSELF DURING THE DAY PLEASE AND THANK YOU.
17. So I’ve got some friends coming to visit next weekend.
18. I am beyond thrilled as my children will not be here.
19. I’m planning a night of drunken debauchery.
20. Or maybe just drunken talking about all the stuff Chris doesn’t want me talking about with other people.
21. (Sex. I’m talking about sex. Just don’t tell him I’m talking about it.)
22. And lots of chips and cookies and maybe a movie or two that Chris won’t watch with me.
23. It’s gonna be awesome.
24. I’m almost guaranteed to embarrass myself at least twice.
25. So basically it’s like every other day of my life, except with more alcohol and girl movies.