Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Random Tuesday: In which I discuss magic bubbles, asshole cars, and The Hunger Games

Sebastian wanted a picnic in the living room last week with
strawberries and blueberries. They took turns eating out
of the bowls like dogs.  Cause why not?
1. I got a full night’s sleep last night for the first time in what feels like weeks and I think it’s killing me.

2. Also killing me: the fact that my children probably have strep again. 

3. I don’t know for sure yet.  We’ve got a doctor’s appointment this afternoon, but judging by the raging whining that’s been going on in my house for the last two days, it’s gonna happen.

4. Or is happening.  Or whatever.

5. Magic bubble time, ya’ll.

6. I actually don’t say ‘ya’ll’ that often.  Or I don’t think I do. 

7. Sometimes my country accent takes me by surprise.

8. Something else that takes me by surprise: Mondays.  I never expect them to suck as bad as they do.

9. Yes, I know today is Tuesday.  I’m just feeling residual Monday fatigue.

10. Or maybe it’s the endless bouts of strep fatigue. 

11. I honestly don’t know how this is happening. 

12. Thus, my only option is the magic bubble and complete lockdown.

13. Speaking of lockdown, I’m finally somewhat relevant, what with my reading of The Hunger Games books.

14. Of course, by relevant I mean only a year or so behind as opposed to 5-10 years behind.

15. I like them.  They are easy to read and addictive and there have only been a few poorly written, melodramatic moments that make me cringe. 

16. Which was better than I expected.  So now I have to see the movie.  But since we never go to the movies I have no idea when that will be.

17. I told Chris that for Mother’s Day I wanted to go to the movies and not have him complain when I got popcorn and a drink and candy.

18. Instead I got a broken down car.

19. Water pumps are assholes.

20. Not assholes: the myriad of family and friends who came to our aid when we were stuck at the Dew Drop Inn at 7 at night with two tired and cranky children.

21. That’s a bar.  It was closed.

22. Hopefully Chris will be able to fix the car today.  You know, in between studying and writing a paper and spending time with children and working. 

23. Guys.  He’s pretty overworked.

24. Even if our car is fixed I’m not ready to give back my in-laws car, which we’ve been driving.  It’s bigger than ours and the kids are far enough away in the back seat so that the noise from their general rowdiness is somewhat muted.

25.Wonder if they’d trade?  



7 comments:

  1. Sorry about the car, but yay for reading The Hunger Games and actually enjoying them. I hope you get to see the film soon, and i hope your kids aren't getting too sick. never fun.

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We're hanging in there - not letting all this stuff weigh us down too much!

      Delete
  2. Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
    Thank you and good luck.
    cash for cars sydney
    cash for cars toowoomba

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
    cash for scrap cars Brisbane
    cash for unwanted cars Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is actually irritating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.
    accidental car removal
    car disposal sydney

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. We pay our customers instant cash up to $9,999 without any waiting time. It is our policy to not let customers wait for their money. We also provide free towing services, so customers save even more money when dealing with us. This strategy has been a great success with our customers in Queensland. Through this, we gained a lot of goodwill from our customers.
    cash for scrap cars ipswich
    cash for scrap cars caboolture

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
    Car Wreckers Hobart
    mechanical fault cash for car

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!