Monday, May 21, 2012

Soccer didn't help me lose weight because I ate two dinners every night on account of all the running

Monday is kicking my ass, as usual.

So, to allow everyone to laugh at my expense in the hopes of making your Monday a little less shitty, here's a few journal entries.

I was 14.  Still (always) obsessed with boys.  Also melodramatic.  And kind of boring.  So maybe this won't brighten your Monday quite as much as I thought ...

(You can find the rest of the entries here.)

...............................................................................................................................

2-27-96

Today was the first soccer practice.  It only lasted about 15 m in. because it started raining, lightning & thundering.  I'm so excited about playing!  All we did tonight was kick the ball around.  I wasn't as bad as I thought I'd be!  Mom left yesterday for Ohio.  She's going to come home Friday, because of the retreat (confirmation) The class lasts until March 15, 2 days before confirmation.  I already have my dress.  It's purple with flowers on it.  I really like it!  My next soccer practice is on Saturday, the same day as the retreat.  I guess I'll have to miss practice.  I really like Panko.  I'm not sure if he likes me or not.  I hope so.  I just can't go up to him & ask.  I'm a chicken!  Marigold's birthday was yesterday.  I haven't gotten her anything yet.  I think I might get her some make-up or something.  I'm tired, so I guess I'll stop writing.  

.............................................................................................................................

3-19-96

We didn't have school today.  I can't believe it's snowing in the middle of March.  We don't have any electricity & haven't had any since 7:00 a.m. this morning.  I sat around all day reading.  I am so sick of reading, but there's nothing else to do.  It's 10:15 p.m. & I don't want to go to sleep yet.  I got confirmed on Sun. March 17.  It wasn't really a big deal.  About Panko, he's so in love with Edie S. that I don't think I have a chance.  Seven Spanish Angels just came on the radio.  So many memories are attached to that song.  I feel like crying.  So many things have changed since I was little.  I wish they hadn't.  Things just don't seem right, some how, I don't know really what I mean.  It's just different.  I think I might go to bed now, or read a little more.

...........................................................................................................................

3-24-96

It was 70 degrees today.  I love it!  It's weird, because it's 70 degrees & there's still snow on the ground.  It'll take a while for all of the drifts to melt.  I just got done doing yoga.  I love that little book.  I am determined to lose at least 15 pounds (THE STORY OF MY LIFE, STILL TO THIS DAY!). Right now I'm between 145 & 150.  I'm hoping that soccer will help.  Every time that it starts getting warmer, I decide to turn into this natural person, like using organic things, doing yoga, things like that. (By the way, by 'organic' I meant Natural Essence shampoo.  Cause yeah, totally organic.)  I'm not really sure why.  I've decided that I'm going to live in Texas & go to college there.  I want to live where my parents did.  In a town called Liberty something.  It sounds really nice.  My parents led a really interesting life.  That's what I want.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!