Thursday, March 1, 2012

This one takes a turn for the depressing

Happy March, everyone!

I, for one, am extremely thrilled to enter the time of short sleeves and planting seeds and maybe, just maybe, sweating because it's warm outside, not because I've put too many wool scarves on to protect my delicate ears from the cold.

To celebrate, let's read more of my journal entries, shall we?

Here's the first.  The second.  The third.  And the fourth.

.................................................................................................................

12/19/98 2:47 p.m. (17 years old)

I am in Chicago.  I'm going to ITALY!  I left Louisville around 10:30 this morning.  I got to Chicago around 12:00.  I've been here that long.  Uncle Bill was supposed to come &see me around 1 or 1:30 (I think their time) but I haven't seen him.  (Present Jaime says that's cause I was at the wrong place.)  I love the fact that I'm by myself.  I'm sitting in (at?) Terminal 1.  A while ago I was sitting by this woman who was balling her eyes out & talking on the phone.  After a while she asked me the time.  I told her & then I asked her if there was anything I could do for her.  She said that she had lost her son.  He's in the Air Force College in Denver & was supposed to be here at 2:30 in the morning.  He still isn't here.  I felt so bad for her.  She is so upset.  Her ex-husband is a wus.  He is giving her no support whatsoever.  She asked him to have her son paged & he wouldn't do it.  Then she said "I know it's a lot to ask, but could you please give me a hug?"  He just patted her shoulder & said something like "You gotta be strong" or "Pull yourself together."  I've been praying for her ever since I heard.  I'm not very good at praying.  I left, though.  I felt obligated to sit there.  At one point I was sitting between her & her ex-husband & they were talking.  It was strange.  I told her that I hoped everything worked out for her & that her son was probably on his way here now.  I never know what to say to people.  I think what I said was pretty stupid.  It meant nothing.  I don't know if her son's on his way here or not.  It was just stupid, insignificant crap.  I hope it helped her somewhat.  I hope her son's okay.


.............................................................................................


You know, I still wonder what ever happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!