Monday, March 12, 2012

Random Monday: In which I discuss time change, wild children, and The Walking Dead

1. It’s the Monday after the time changed, in case you didn’t know.

2. I feel as awful as you’d imagine, and probably as awful as everyone else has already told you they feel.

3. But I also wanted to share that I think Sebastian is growing up a little too quickly and I would like all of you to make him stop.

4. First it was that I could put his clothes out and he would put them on.

5. But just recently he’s started changing his clothes periodically throughout the day, getting them out of his closet himself and coming up with remarkable outfits.

6. Like this one:

7. And I love it.  I do. 


8. Now his sister hasn’t mastered that art, obviously, and while he was looking particularly stylish in a shirt that used to be mine, this is what Adele looked like:



9. In my defense, it was a wicked rushed morning and all of us wanted to go back to bed at about 7:45 a.m.

10 Who am I kidding, her hair always looks like that.  Unless I go somewhere.

11 Like this weekend.  I took the kids to visit some friends of mine that I don’t get to see as often as I like.

12.  Adele had pigtails.

13. Which while adorable totally didn’t make up for the fact that she ran up and down the wooden-floored hallway for a good 30 minutes to an hour, yelling at the top of her lungs.

14. Sebastian also decided that that would be fun.

15. My kids are wild.  But I kept reassuring everyone that they weren’t like that ALL THE TIME.

15. No one believed me.

16. I also said that somehow the combination of Christopher and myself created super crazy children.

17. But also pretty awesome.

18. Sebastian also takes it upon himself to close the bathroom door upstairs whenever Adele goes up there, because she likes to unroll all the toilet paper and throw it into the toilet and take all the shampoo bottles and hid them in random places.

19. He just does it, without me asking him to.

20. He also will fetch things for me or give toys to Adele when she’s fussing, to try to make her feel better.

21. And earlier he stole two cookies from the counter without me knowing.

22. At least he told me about it when he was done.

23. But my point is that he has his own mind, and is getting big enough to execute thoughts he has, like sneaking cookies or changing into pajamas whenever he gets sent to his room for acting out.

24. Sometimes he changes into pajamas six times a day.

25. Hey, did anybody see The Walking Dead last night and were you as disturbed as I was? 

26. I couldn’t sleep.  The end got me, and kind of won’t let go.

27. I know that wasn’t really what I was talking about, but my mind won’t shut it off.

28. I blame the time change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!