Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It was great except for the patch of mud where I almost fell on my butt

My house is cold.  COLD! 

It's May 4, which while being Star Wars Day, is also apparently Prevent Teen Pregnancy Day.  Now I don't know about you, but to me those are both so important that we deserve some warm weather to celebrate.

Taken about a month ago when it was warm. 
Otherwise known as 'the good old days.
Sebastian begged me in random intervals all morning to go for a walk and I resisted.  I didn't want to fuss with the layers, the hats, the whatnot that is reserved for making my life a living hell but that's required for taking two kids outside. 

I finally gave in because I was feeling guilty since he hasn't really been outside all week unless you count the 10 minutes yesterday (or was it Monday?) during Adele's morning nap when we took our boots and an umbrella outside and walked around our house.  Well, more like sloshed around our house in the mud and various puddles.

I know, I know.  Talking about the weather is boring.  But there's just been SO MUCH rain and storms and it's MAY!  Give me some 80 degree days full of sunshine please.

But at least today is sunny. 

So I strapped Adele to me and got Babash into the stroller and out we went.  And the walk, well, it was just what we needed I think.  We got a little bit of warmth when the sun decided to peek from behind the clouds, and we got to breathe in a little bit of spring.  My mood improved drastically and I started feeling like a human being again, not just a troll that lives under a flooded out bridge.

Soon.  It'll happen soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!