Friday, August 23, 2013

Homemade Friday: Mini-Manu for Adele

Well, apparently I am the most ignorant mother around as I received a phone call yesterday morning telling me that my child, who I'd sent to school, was feverish and chilled and shivering.

Awesome. 

So Chris went to pick him up and Sebastian told me when he got home that I should have let him get more sleep because he was yawning all day at school.  All my fault.


So he slept all afternoon, only to wake up when Adele took her nap.  And by the time Adele woke up from her nap crying and feverish, I myself was feverish.  So we made a lovely trio.  When Chris came home from work I took to bed and layered blankets and shivered and moaned in agony.  I only warmed up when I put on fleece and sweatpants. 


None of us are feeling 100 percent, more like 30, so it's looking like it's going to be a 'take it easy as possible' type of day.  Although Chris did tell me he expected the house to be clean when he got home. 


He was joking.

I think.

But even though I feel like having a smack to the head with a baseball bat might be an improvement over the way I feel, I come to you with a Homemade Friday post.

This little sweater is one I started in the spring, I think.  I should really start taking better notes again as my memory is ridiculous.

She's mad because I wasn't pushing her on the swing.
I put knitting to the side throughout the summer while I sewed and sewed and sewed (and sewed.)  But I picked it back up again when the temperatures dropped a bit.  Of course, now they are ridiculously hot again so that cardigan I'm knitting for myself will probably not be worn for awhile.  Unless we have another bout of fevers.

Adele wore this one, the Mini-Manu, earlier this week when she was sick and feverish and couldn't get warm.  And I was happy to have something handmade and comfortable and warm to offer her.

Sick baby.
It's a sweet little sweater, with the pockets and the little vintage kitty buttons I found from this shop on Etsy being the parts I love the most.  And the pleats.  The pleats look awesome.  However, there were some short rows on the front of the sweater that I'm not entirely sure I knit right as they are extremely obvious and I don't think they're supposed to be. 


But no matter.  I'm not ripping the whole top out to change it.

I forced her to put it on this morning through both of our hazes of sickness because I am an awesome mother (see above).  And I am dedicated to you.

I knit the 4 year old size, but, as you can see from the pictures, it fits her right now.  So I'll probably have to lengthen the arms for her to be able to wear it through the winter and spring.  But it could always just be a 3/4 sleeve sweater, right?


As always, my mother sewed the buttons on because she is awesome.

Pattern: Mini-Manu by Kate Davies Designs
Yarn: Knitpicks Simply Cotton Sport in a dark grey
Size: 4 year old
Gauge: Um ...
Needle size: I believe it was 3 and 4.  But I didn't take notes.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely sweaters. I'm not nearly that talented when it comes to knitting. I hope you and your family are feeling better. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are (finger's crossed!) all feeling much better.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!