Monday, July 22, 2013

I also am avoiding real work, which is probably why I showed up here today

I think I may have forgotten how to blog.

In the beginning - as in two years ago, not 15 as that saying would suggest - I wrote almost everyday.  I gave myself a sort-of schedule to post something here at least three times a week.

I'm not sure why I'm moving away from it now.

It just seems that there's always something else that needs doing.  A never ending battle with laundry and dishes.  A child that has already spent the entire morning in front of the television and so needs some interaction.  Another child who refuses to nap and the longer I listen to her on the monitor not-napping the more my shoulders tense up as I imagine the awful evening that awaits all of us who cross her path.

All of that is still true.  As is my need to take time for myself, which usually, these days means sewing.  I've made lots of new things - dresses, tunics, more dresses, shorts.  And I just decided this morning that I am going to sew a quilt for Sebastian.  I've never done it before.  I figured out how big I want it and how many squares I have to cut out (216!!).  And I think I'm just going to go for it.  Because why not? 

When it comes to sewing I am not a perfectionist.  For me, the finished product doesn't have to be flawless.  It just has to be done and functional.  And Sebastian is an appreciative little guy so I know he'll love whatever I make for him.  Even if I refuse to include Spiderman fabric.

Yesterday I spent the entire day sewing - in between making breakfast and lunch and dinner and putting a sick little girl down for a nap and then giving her extra cuddles when she woke up severely unhappy from that nap.

I absolutely love the finished product, another dress, which I do intend to share here.  Maybe tomorrow?  When I can get some pictures of it?

I'd also like to share everything I did for Sebastian's Star Wars birthday party.  It was exhausting but so much fun.  And he had the best time.

So maybe another day?

For now I'm just showing up.  I miss it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!