Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I'm boycotting blog post titles, and totally not just because I can't think of one

I learned an important lesson last night.

When you listen to your child whimper for you over and over throughout the night, only to hear her go back to sleep before you can fully wake up, you may want to check on her. Otherwise when you go to get said child up you will find her naked and standing in the middle of a bed and blankets covered in pee because for some reason she thought it was a good idea to take all of her clothes off before falling asleep, including the diaper she still requires overnight because of all the peeing.

At some point this morning, though, in between all of the wake-ups that I should have paid better attention to, I dreamed that someone told me I was lazy and needed to go back to work.  It wasn't someone I knew, but he sure had an opinion about me and my productivity.

I think it was because yesterday was a relatively easy day in the parenting department, a first in a very, very long time.  Adele didn't misbehave too much, she took an actual nap, not just a 'Let's make her stay in her room for a couple of hours in the hopes that she'll fall asleep but we really know she won't' nap.  Sebastian didn't lash out at me because he was exhausted from school and the stress of it all.  And they didn't fight too much when they were together.

Obviously this meant I felt guilty and that I didn't deserve to be at home with my children all day because it wasn't NON-STOP DRAMA AND ARGUING.  Apparently you have to earn being a stay-at-home mom with lots of conflict and irrational behavior, both from yourself and your children.

And after that I dreamed that I was hired back at the newspaper where I used to work, but they didn't have any writing or editing positions available so I was hired to clean the newsroom.  This included dusting off everyone's desks, which was not something that ever happened when I worked there except that one time they had people coming in who were thinking about buying part of the company.

And so I dusted on second shift.  And then I had a dinner break and Chris brought the kids to see me.  After I woke up I immediately searched to see if there were any openings at the newspaper, just in case.  I didn't see any, cleaning or otherwise.

So since this is already kind of random anyway, let me ask your opinion on something totally not related to anything I've said so far.

Should I cut my bangs or let them grow?

Here's where they stand now:


Kind of grown out but not really.  Too long to be bangs but not long enough to be layers.  So cut?  Or let grow?

(I probably should have used a fancy filter on those photos to make me look less exhausted, but I just spent many paragraphs rambling about how I didn't sleep that well so you wouldn't believe me anyway.  Of course, I took these after the daycare worker at the gym told me I looked super nice and also after I took a sleep-deprived child to the grocery.  So.)

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a date with my knitting needles and Torchwood, which I just discovered and can't decide whether I like it or not.  It's a spinoff of Doctor Who, if you didn't know.  And they're sort of similar, except Torchwood has lots more sex stuff and no time travel (so far) and pretty bad acting.

So win?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!