Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Legend of Stringer Bell

Last night I was washing dishes after a busy, stressful, exhausting day that could have been so, so much worse considering Sebastian was home from school for Martin Luther King Day and none of us had had enough sleep the night before and Adele hadn't napped for two days and had spent the morning spitting milk and dried fruit all over the house just to see my eyes bug out.

After Adele's nap I had to drive to take pictures for a story and I made my mom meet me at the place to sit in the car and watch the kids so I could do the work without having to pull random hardware-type things from the hands of youngsters.  And they were calm for her, naturally, but they were also calm for the drive back home, and played together somewhat while I got dinner ready, and ate a good dinner without all of the nagging that usually goes along with it and were helping clean up and were dancing along to Mumford and Sons at the same time.

And this song came on.

And I felt good.  Just imaging this video makes me feel things in my feeling spots, and I'm talking about my heart, not that other place, you perv.

Yesterday had all the ingredients to be a horrible day.  I had stuff I had to get done in the form of a phone interview and so I had to close the bedroom door and bar it with a bedside table because the children had at one point locked themselves inside and we had to take the doorknob off to get them out.  But thankfully they were so distracted playing that they didn't try to come in while I was on the phone because whenever they did discover me not watching their every move they came running to my room and shoved the door open pretty easily so it wouldn't have kept them out anyway.

But even with all of that it was okay.  Our day was fine.  We survived and even ended it with everyone in a good mood.  On a Monday.  With very little sleep.

And every time I hear this song I think of this video and the absolute freedom this blind man feels running through the land without anyone to help him.

I think of how amazing and scary and exhilarating it must be.

I think of how brave and strong the character is.

I think this is one of the best videos I've ever seen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!