Monday, October 15, 2012

What I am happy about right now ...

1. That I haven't wanted to throttle my children once today, even after Adele spit in my face. After smacking me in the face.

2. That in spite of it being Monday and Sebastian's new school opened all the way on the other side of town, I still managed to take him there in time.  Although I forgot to brush his teeth.

3. That the drive back home allowed me a little bit of quiet and peace and time to drink my commuter cup of coffee.

4. That the ridiculously long two-week fall break is over and we can get back into our routine.

5. That I survived the ridiculously long two-week fall break even though I had a rotten sinus infection and generally felt like you-know-what the entire time and so couldn't do all the fun things I had planned for us to do while Sebastian was home all day.

6. That he is no longer home all day and so gets some interaction besides me telling him to go play in his room with all his legos.

7. That my foot feels better after I twisted it walking up the back stairs to the kitchen on Saturday.

8. That my twisted foot is not broken.

9. That somehow in my injuring-myself-expertise I managed to twist the top of my foot and so I don't think it is as bad as if I'd twisted my ankle.

10. That I feel more like a human being and less like a giant, non-social slug.

11. That the return of 'The Walking Dead' did not give me nightmares last night.

12. That my husband was nice enough to lock all the doors before the show started so I wouldn't be wondering if a walker would stumble into our living room any minute.

13. That my husband did not make fun of me before or after he locked the doors or make that zombie noise he likes to do to freak me out.

14. Coffee.

15. Babies wearing cardboard mustaches.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!