Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Conversations with Sebastian: Nocturnal Jesus addition


Last Christmas I wanted to add a little bit of Jesus back into our celebrations since it's entirely probable that we won't ever get to Christmas Mass again.

I'll let you guess who is to blame.

So when it came time to pull out Sebastian's big, awesome, wooden box of an advent calendar, I made up my mind that we would say that Baby Jesus left his little piece of chocolate or small toy every day up until Christmas.

(I know, I know.  You can laugh if you want to.)

Part of it, though, was also to incorporate a little of Chris' German heritage, too.  He said they always believed that a Christmas Angel brought the gifts for the kids every Christmas Eve for Jesus, since he couldn't do it himself, I guess.

So every morning in December Sebastian would run downstairs to see what Baby Jesus had brought him that day.

Sebastian goes to a Catholic preschool and they recently built a new building.  We were discussing the fact that there wasn't a church there yet, and you have to be quiet when you go into church, and they talk about Jesus there. 

Sebastian: Baby Jesus is nocturnal.

Me: Is he now? 

Sebastian:  Yeah.  He's nocturnal.  That means he sleeps during the day and comes out at night.

Me: Really? 

Sebastian: He comes out at night to give me presents in the morning at Christmas.  That's why he's nocturnal. Baby Jesus is nocturnal.

Me: Oh. Okay.

(It's impossible to argue with him.  I let it go.  So now, in our house, Jesus is nocturnal.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!