Friday, October 19, 2012

Homemade Friday: Don't look at this if you are my husband

I mean it ...









Look away Mr. Thomas ...









I'd rather not have to hurt you ...









He doesn't really read this blog, but still I felt the need to warn him away just in case.

And it's not like he hasn't seen me working on this sweater, but he hasn't asked what I'm knitting or who I'm making it for.  Instead of thinking that he's just not that interested in what I'm doing I prefer to think that he subconsciously knows that it's for him and so refuses to ruin the surprise.


Not that it will be that much of a surprise anyway since he did say he liked the pattern and he did pick out the yarn for it.  But that was a long time ago so there is a large chance that he's forgotten.

Maybe.

The best sweater I've ever made, hell, the best item I've ever knit was a sweater for Chris that I made years ago.  It was made with nice, fancypants wool that cost far too much money, but it's held up and still looks really nice. 

See?


And I'm hoping that even though this new sweater was not made with fancypants wool that it will still be nice, and he will still wear it years from now.

It's the Professor Charles sweater pattern from Tot Toppers and I'm hoping to give it to Chris for Christmas, if I can wait that long.  It's been actually a super-fast knit, which is helpful when I have plants to make a smaller version for Sebastian and Adele.  THINK OF THE CUTENESS THAT WILL EXPLODE WHEN YOU SEE THEM ALL IN MATCHING SWEATERS!

And just because I haven't shown it to you in awhile, here's a blurry picture of me in my interestingly yellow bathroom holding up the sweater.

You are welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!