Friday, June 29, 2012

Homemade Friday: The Dahlia Cardigan


I'm trying, you guys.

I'm not necessarily known for my 'go with the flow' attitude.  I mean, I am, on occasion, spontaneous, but only if I've planned everything out in advance.

With knitting I am a little more relaxed, however, if only a little.

But this sweater has me all confused.  It's not difficult at all.  But once I realized that I had no idea how the sweater was constructed and that everything I thought was true turned out to be wrong, I decided to just take each step as it comes.  I've successfully avoided reading any tips or discussions online and I'm not reading ahead on the pattern.  I'm just knitting.  It's like a little surprise every time I move on.

I finally realized that the part I thought was the top is actually the right side.  You can see it in the photo.  It's at the top.  Because that's where my hands still think it's supposed to be, apparently.

But I'm so in love with it.  I know, I know.  I say that a lot.  But this one is for me, which doesn't happen often.  It's bright, but not too bright.  It's soft.  The lace flower is gorgeous.

I can't wait until it's finished.

Although as the weather is currently set on 'hell' I may have to wait a bit until I can wear it without suffocating and dousing myself with the hose.

(The Dahlia Cardigan, knit with knitpicks simply cotton sport in golden heather, totally without gauging, as per usual and laziness.)



2 comments:

  1. Hi! I clicked over from your comment on The Bloggess's site, intrigued by the post's title. And let me be the first to say "wow!". Such beautiful work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't take too much credit, though! All I did was follow directions!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!