Monday, June 11, 2012

Food I have made with my fancy new stove that I'm not cool enough for:

I love you.
Rustic Peach Tart
Bacon Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Potato and Green Bean Salad
Homemade Mac & Cheese
Bread

This is just since yesterday afternoon. 

Chris was the first to use it.  He made our Sunday morning pancakes and bacon yesterday.  I was a little disappointed that he got to cook on it before I did, but I guess it was only fitting since he did spend almost an entire Saturday moving gas lines and electrical outlets and cursing, after spending an entire Friday evening moving water shut-offs and electrical outlets and cursing when he put in the dishwasher.  However, I did have to spend that same amount of time seeing him but not being able to rely on him to help keep the children from killing each other or dumping out every toy or to change the endless amounts of poop-filled swim diapers that someone amassed. 

I'd say we're even.

The only downside to the new appliances is that they make our cabinets and countertops look so much worse than they did before.  They looked sort of at home with the '80s appliances because they were all purchased around the same time.  But now they look hopelessly out of date.  

(A neighbor asked me how I liked my new dishwasher and I said that it's nice but that my stove gives me lots more joy.  I mean, it has an oven light.  I have to force myself not to spend the entire time something is baking staring at it through the door.)


4 comments:

  1. I would probably be doing the same and even more so. camping out next to it in a sleeping bag with the oven night light on. Love at last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's an awesome stove... and I really want to try the bacon chocolate chip cookies.. how did they turn out? recipe?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!