Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Random Tuesday: Really, really random


1. I missed a family reunion this past weekend in order to keep my children in a bubble.

2. Actually I wanted to keep other people from getting whatever funk my kids had.  The bubble was just an added bonus.

3. I was kind of sad to miss it as there’s always good food and family that I don’t see often enough.  Also homemade 'wine.'

4. I did not miss the intense heat, though.

5. The kids are better, but their temperaments haven’t improved with their health.

6. There’s been mucho whining, is what I’m saying.

7. The youngest randomly smacks her brother and me in the face and the oldest rolls around on the floor whining about whatever is irritating him at the moment.

8. Do you know what it’s like to be smacked in the face by a toddler all day?

9. Do you know how hard it is to remain a nice person throughout all of that?

10. I have not succeeded as much as I’d like to.

11. We went to Target to give us all a change of scenery today. 

12. I came home with random crap I put in the cart to keep the kids from screaming or talking really loudly about poop.

13. I’m not sure that leaving the house was a good idea, but it ended with me getting a giant iced mocha so at least there’s that.

14. It’s not working as well as I’d like it to.  I was hoping to actually have energy this afternoon.

15. We took the kids to the pool last night and they swam with Chris while I worked out at the gym that’s connected to it.

16. Sebastian is learning how to swim with a snorkel and he can’t get enough of it.

17. He’s a water bug, just like his dad.

18. I, on the other hand, can convince myself a shark is swimming after me in a clear public pool.

19. There are almost never any sharks in public pools so I don’t really have to worry about it.  But that doesn’t stop my mind from going there.

20. I am taking the kids swimming without Chris this afternoon.  I’m meeting a friend who has a bunch of kids herself.

22. I’m a bit terrified as the two times I’ve taken them swimming with Christopher Sebastian has had epic meltdowns whenever it’s time to leave.

23. Also Adele tries to jump in the big pools.

24. She’s a water bug, too.  She snuck out yesterday and got in our kiddie pool with her clothes on.   


25. I’m going to need more coffee.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!