Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Rambling ramblings

I just cleaned out my email inbox - all 900+ messages - to avoid working on a story for the newspaper that I will actually get paid for.

I win at life.

It's just, this time of the day, when I've got Adele upstairs in her crib not napping and Sebastian is mesmerized by the television, this time is the only time I've got to myself.  Unless you count the time after they go to bed, which I don't because my mind is so much full of mush that I only have the brain power to laugh at stupid tv jokes. 

And so I avoid it.

Also I haven't gotten a full night's sleep in months, mainly because my children are tortuous and like to wake up at 5, which, while painful, could have been worse.  And then the time change happened.  Last week was rough, ya'll.  We averaged waking up at about 4:30 every morning.  And by 'we' I of course mean Sebastian, who doesn't know how to be quiet when he gets up to use the bathroom and slams doors and toilet seats and generally makes a ruckus which wakes up his sister.

Today they slept in until 5:40.  That would have been fine except I went to bed late because Christopher was out of town and I don't sleep well when he's gone on account of all the zombies and whatnot that could come knocking on the door.  So I was in bed late and awake early, way before the children started stirring.

I was so tired this morning that I kept feeling that weightless thing.  Do you know what I'm talking about?  That thing where you lay down but you can't really feel how your head is attached to your body and you definitely can't feel how your body is touching anything because it really isn't because it is flying through space and also possibly levitating.

You all feel that, too, right?  It's not just me?  Do I need to go to the doctor?

But anyway, I'm sure all of you are tired of me mentioning how tired I am all the time.

But the only other thing going on, really, is the fact that I am finally almost up to date on uploading all of my pictures onto shutterfly.  Which is kind of a big deal as before this weekend I was behind two years.

Don't worry.  I'm patting myself on the back for you.




1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!