Thursday, June 26, 2014

That fake butterfly tattoo was amazeballs

It's my last day at work for an entire month, a month that will be filled with children arguing over who gets to play on my (MY) Kindle and who gets to sit in a particular chair at the breakfast table and who gets to annoy Mama the most.  (Don't tell them but I'm kind of looking forward to it.)  

Also I'm coming off a three-day single parenting episode while my husband was out of town and there were horrible bedtime routines and screaming fits and last night I took the kids to Chick-Fi-La for dinner where Adele peed on the floor in the play area and Sebastian smashed his finger in the girls' bathroom door and Adele dropped her milkshake in the car and the cashiers threw away my unsweet iced tea while I was dealing with the wet pants and smashed finger.

Needless to say I am a bit tired.  Of course that could have something to do with the juice fast I'm on.  Okay, that's a lie.  I'm only drinking green juice for breakfast and eating regular food the rest of the day.  But really you're supposed to Break your Fast at that time, and the juice really isn't breaking anything other than my spirit.

(I'm totally exaggerating.  It's actually pretty good and satisfying.  Plus I feel better about myself.)

So let's throw it back again today, all the way to 1998.  What were you doing in 1998?  Probably not possibly getting your upper-ear pierced by a drunken boardwalk carnie while wearing a temporary butterfly tattoo.

8/11/98 10:25 p.m.

Not 1998.  Maybe '96?
I'm trying to get everything caught up in this journal.  Before prom I went to Myrtle Beach for the chorus trip.  It was a lot of fun.  We went to Broadway at the Beach, which was just a outside shopping center & we went to an amusement park.  It was called the Pavilion.  While we were there I got a fake butterfly tattoo.  It was just an outline of it on my shoulder.  It was cool.  I also tried to get the top of my ear pierced.  I went up to this guy was doing it.  I think he was stoned or drunk or something.  I didn't have enough money to get my ear pierced, so he wanted to show me how to make money, like a peddler, by doing tricks.  I said no.  I don't think he'd have been able to pierce the right spot anyway.  We had a lot of fun.  I don't remember what day school got out.  I just remember that I was grateful for it.  I was so stressed, I was seeing black spots.  I remember that we were out of school on a Monday & Tuesday, then came back on Wednesday for a rewards day.  Mom & Dad wouldn't let me skip & go to Kentucky Kingdom with friends.  It doesn't make sense.  We didn't do anything at school anyway & it's not like It would have counted against me.  Oh well.  I got over it.  Over the summer I went to the movies in Corydon with some friends.  We watched Hope Floats.  We were about 1/3 of the way through it when it kept flickering on & off.  It finaly went off all the way.  The electricity went off.  There was a bit storm & they said that a tornado was coming.  Everybody went to the lobby.  We sat on the floor & sang Koom Ba Ya.  We got some strange looks.

I started work at IGA on June 23.  I really like it there.  At first I thought I really sucked at it, but now I'm better.  There's this one guy, I think he's gay, but he always calls me "Smiley." I guess it's because I smile so much!  Whatever.  I was supposed to go to Italy this summer but I didn't have enough money & then I got the job & I didn't want to leave right after I got it.  I'm going for Christmas though.  I can't wait!


  1. I'm off for most of July too. I'm excited, but there's also that dread. Can I keep three kids relatively happy and entertained, while also enjoying my time off?! I hope so. Good luck to you! :)

    1. Thank you! We'll see how it goes! Good luck to you!


Thanks for commenting!