Friday, February 22, 2013

Homemade Friday: Little Red Baby Cardigan

Guys.  The past two weeks have pulled my hair and smacked me in the face, then twisted my arm behind my back.

And then stomped on my toes.  With cleats.

I've been battling some sort of funk that may or may not be strep throat.  I'll have a sore throat and it will get better then hurt worse then get better then hurt even worse.  I might have had a fever for a week but I can't tell because one thermometer tells me my temp is 97 and the other says 99.5 and so who really knows.

And Adele is on medicine for strep and the oldest may possibly have it.  I say possibly because even though he tested negative for it I am almost certain that he had/has it.  Because of all the screaming.  And yelling.  And general argumentativeness.

The youngest has been and is continuing to reign terror down upon any who deign to cross her.  I buckled her car seat today and she bit me because she wanted to do it herself.  If I lift the seat up so she can sit down on the toilet she will throw herself down on the floor and scream, the refuse to go to the bathroom. 

She is also insisting on being held from the time she wakes up from her nap until I can pawn her off on her father when he gets home from work.

I took both of the kids to the grocery store today, which I don't normally do but this was the only time I had to go and I was that mom with both of her children running up and down the aisles pointlessly yelling at them to GET BACK HERE RIGHT THIS SECOND JUST PUT THAT BACK WE AREN'T BUYING ANY CHOCOLATE FOR YOU AND NO YOU CAN'T HAVE A TOY I SAID GET BACK HERE.

It was so very much fun. 

In other words, I'm looking forward to the children visiting their Omi and Opi this weekend.

(Suckers!)

So let's talk about pretty baby sweaters to clean the bad taste out of our mouths, shall we?

Remember last week when I mentioned the karaoke baby shower?

Well, here's what I made for my friend Heather, who's little girl is due to arrive next month.  I knit it in a week because I was finishing last-minute Christmas (yes, Christmas) presents and that's all the time I had before the shower/karaoke party.


Actually the sweater was still a little damp from blocking when I gave it to her but really, that's not so bad, right?  At least I finished all the sleeves.

The best part of the entire sweater is the buttons.  Look how adorable!
 

They are the same ones I used for the Maile sweater I made for another little girl.  Peter Rabbit!  (Actually, come to think of it that's the exact same yarn as well.)

It's an easy, quick sweater, although I probably could have started a fire with my wooden needles with how fast I was knitting so I could finish.  I sewed these buttons on myself because I didn't have time to beg my mom to do it for me, so they will probably fall off.  Hopefully Heather is more talented than I am in that department and she can just sew them back on. 


Pattern: Sirdar 1761, size 0-6 months
Yarn: Knitpicks Shine Sport in Hollyberry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!