Friday, January 13, 2012

Homemade Friday: Lemon Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust

I did not take any more pictures other than this because I am a bad blogger.

Yum. 

Seriously.

Yum.

I made this cheesecake for the first time last year as a sort of Christmas gift for my parents, because I know how much they love cheesecake.  It was my first attempt at the non-instant box variety, and I was pleasantly surprised.  The cake looked gorgeous.  Lightly browned on top with nary a crack to be found, which I think is the hardest part of cheesecakes because if they are done in the middle, it usually means that the top will crack.

Now I won’t say that this one was completely done in the middle, but it was close enough to still be delicious.  The crust a little peppery on account of the gingersnaps, and the filling was so delicious that Sebastian and I at much of the leftover bit that wouldn’t fit in the pan uncooked and full of raw eggs. 

Totally worth it.

This year I made one for my in-laws since I found out that Chris’ dad loves cheesecake, too.

Next year maybe I’ll make two so I can have a piece at both Christmas gatherings.  Or maybe three so I can just have one at home for myself.  (I may share with my family.  Maybe.)

You can find the recipe here.  I highly recommend it.  Make sure you use a pan that is a bit too small so you have enough filling to eat to hold you over until the cheesecake is cooked and cooled. 

I mean, if you’re into that sort of thing.

(It appears that once again my post last Friday was cut off after one paragraph.  I've included everything else I wrote, but didn't update links or pictures because I've got a whining child at my feet.  I'll hopefully get that fixed sometime soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!