Wednesday, March 4, 2015

He probably should have bought more beer

This morning we all had to get dressed and eat breakfast and whatnot by headlamp- and candle-light on account of the no power.

And this was, of course, after Adele got in our bed at 4 a.m. and wouldn't settle and be still and tossed and turned and kicked my stomach and caught my hair in her hand and so I didn't sleep.  She did eventually, of course.  I'm not complaining much, though.  This was still better than the usual time she likes to visit us at night.  Which is 1 a.m.

And then Sebastian came downstairs a little after 5 to tell us that the electricity was out which means that he was awake at that time and able to see his closet light shut off.  Which means what the hell is wrong with these children?

(They take after their parents, that's what's wrong with them.)

So we got dressed in the dark and ate breakfast in the dark and cajoled Adele into her clothes in the dark and then out of her clothes because she didn't want that dress, she wanted another dress but actually, not that one either.  Let's try the first one again.

And then as we were preparing to leave the lights all came back on so the grown ups went around the house blowing out candles while the children decided that it would be an excellent time to sneak outside in the pouring rain and run through all the puddles, liberally soaking feet and legs.

Back inside we went to change everyone again and find new shoes that didn't squish out buckets of water when stepped in.

Yelling may or may not have been involved.

(I was all for letting them spend the day with wet feet and pant legs but apparently that's not appropriate, JAIME.)

And we are also all planning for snowmageddon2015 No. 2 that is supposed to start this afternoon so I'm guessing we will have an unexpected day together tomorrow.  My husband volunteered to go to the store for us last night so we wouldn't have to worry about it for the rest of the week/weekend and he picked up the essentials like milk and peanut butter and beer.

I'm taking my work computer home today so at least I can possibly do something vaguely business-like in between playing in the snow and making hot chocolate and cursing the weather.

And sewing.  I bet there will be more sewing.

To make you smile, here is a picture of an entirely inappropriate t-shirt.  And now that song will be forever stuck in your head as it is in mine.  INAPPROPRIATELY.


I would like to spend the next few snow days with netflix and snacks because I just started watching The Killing and am absolutely addicted to it, but somehow I do not think that will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!