Monday, April 1, 2013

Darth Maul is a part of the Easter Story, right?

Spring Break has only been officially happening for five hours and already I've thought about locking my children in their rooms 12 times and thought longingly about shipping them off somewhere for a couple of weeks 18 times.

So I'm not going to put much thought and effort into what goes into this post today. 

It's not all that different from what I normally do, only smaller.

Here are some pictures from our Easter weekend.

On Saturday Chris' brother and his wife took the kids to a egg hunt/party at his work.  Here is how my son came home:


That's Darth Maul, in case you didn't know.  Whatever you do, don't call him Spider-man.  You will be the worst mother in the world and also a little dense and subject to heavy sighing and disappointment.

We attempted to dye Easter Eggs that aftenoon, however it lasted 45 seconds, until Adele got mad that we wouldn't let her drink the colored vinegar water and attempted to dump it all out.


I didn't sleep well Saturday night.  I think it was because the Easter Bunny put the kids' baskets outside of their bedroom doors and so I was worried that Sebastian would get up to pee in the middle of the night and stumble upon the baskets.  Because for some reason that would be the worst thing that could ever happen and Easter would be ruined.  (I don't claim to be completely sane.)

I shouldn't have worried because Sebastian is his mother's son, and he got up early, noticed the baskets, but didn't touch them because it wasn't technically time for him to get out of bed and start his day.

We had a great day visiting family, and I even got to take a short nap, which may have been the highlight of my day.

Here is the best picture of my children on Easter.  Those white spots are rain.  Because of course.  Notice Adele rubbing her neck:


That's because in all the previous pictures Sebastian had her in a choke hold.

 It was my fault, really.  I told him to hug her.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!