Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's the beginning of the beginning

I'm trying to type this in the morning, teeth not brushed, face not washed, no breakfast yet for anyone, and my husband is trying to get ready for work.  It's going to be awesome.

I've been wanting to start a blog for years, ever since I discovered them 6 years ago.  I'm obviously a little late on the bandwagon.  So late, in fact, it's pretty much left the tunnel.  Or station.  Or wherever it is that bandwagons go.  I'm nothing if not relevant. 

Many, many things have changed in that time.  I've gotten married, moved, switched jobs, moved again, had a baby, had another baby, then quit my job.  And here I am.  I've heard that many stay-at-home mothers start blogs in order to gain some access to the outside world.  I guess that's me.  That's what is finally forcing me to get this done.  Plus, I miss being around so many words.  I was a copy editor/columnist for a small newspaper and I miss using that part of my brain.  I'm still writing a once a month column, but I'd really like to do more.  So here I am.  I also thought it'd be a good record of my kids, provided I can stop complaining about them so much.

As a thank you for reading, here's a picture of me tipsy in a Kohl's bathroom.  I was trying to wink.  You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!